Saturday, August 6, 2011

Nightmare - Part 2

I'm going to apologize now for my use of obscenities.  They really are necessary here.

When we last left off I had a place to stay.....a very costly place to stay.  I am thankful my animals were safe.  This whole thing has been a very costly & emotional nightmare.

Saturday, Sunday & Monday I spent bagging & cleaning out my closets.  Add to that my not sleeping much, paranoia does that to you.  On Sunday, I was so exhausted after I showered that I fell asleep when I sat down for a minute on my bed.  I slept for a while.  When I got up I fed my animals & made myself something to eat.  When I went back to my bedroom to get my phone, what did I see?  One of the nasty fuckers running across the corner of my bed.  Guess it didn't realize I had gotten up.  See, there are some misconceptions about bed bugs.

First off, they don't come to you because you are dirty.  They are pretty much creatures of opportunity.  Sure, the facts you read say they are most active in the hours just before dawn, but the one I saw running was at 6pm.  They are attracted to body heat & carbon dioxide.  My sleeping for about 2 hours was enough to lure that one out.  But it didn't survive.  I sprayed it with alcohol & then smashed it.  Mind you, when I went to bed that night, it was on the couch & I slept there until 6:30am.  I went back to sleep on my bed, on top of the comforter just before 7am & was up at 9am.  In that time, I got 5 bites on my arm.  Here are some good facts about the little fuckers.

Now, from when Jay & I cleaned that previous Monday (7/18), things improved greatly.  From Monday to Tuesday (7/26), I only physically saw 10 total.  All with the exception of the one after my nap, I searched the others out.  Monday night Jay came by to help get the black mesh off the bottom of my box springs.  We were expecting the worst.  3.  That's all we found & those 3 are included in the 10 total.

I still feel like a leper.  Please understand that bed bugs do not live on a host and with everything I have been doing, no new bites, don't be worried to come over here or to invite me over.  Sure, they could attach themselves somewhere on your clothes.  My management office kindly explained it to me that I could pick one up by brushing up against clothing on racks in Walmart.  You can get them in a movie theater.  Pretty much, you can get them anywhere.  I'm almost fascinated by them.  I'm not sure if they are extremely intelligent or are just little creatures that do the same little habits every single day.

I've continued to spray.  I bought actual bed bug spray this past Tuesday (8/2) because I saw 2 live ones.  I am happy to report I don't have any new bites & haven't in 2 weeks.  I sprayed my room, locking my animals out & ventilating well.  My neighbor gave me some Diatomaceous Earth (DE).  She has the human grade kind that is safe around my animals.  To bugs, DE is like glass shards.  It cuts them up & dries them out.  I'm glad. I refuse to let any more of those fuckers in.  I spent a good hour putting it around my base boards yesterday.

I have had to complain to the office about the Conspiracy Theorist & his Skank Bitch girlfriend.  They aren't cleaning properly.  They wash their shit in the bathtub & hang it over the railing.  That is NOT an acceptable method of combating bed bugs.  I was told at the office that they can't "make" people do the right thing.  I told her that my efforts are moot then & they will always be paying a hefty bill for the exterminator.  Douchebags.

So I still have most of my stuff bagged up.  The exterminator is coming back Thursday (8/11).  I'm not sure if they are going to be back a 3rd time.  I just would like this to be over.  But I wonder if it will ever be over.  I still have paranoia.  If I have an itch, I have to feel it, to see if it's bites.  I still constantly perform checks.  If I wake up in the middle of the night, I have to calm myself down to go back to sleep.  It's such an awful feeling.

I'm hoping this next exterminator visit alleviates even more of my paranoia.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment