Friday, July 22, 2011

Nightmare

Let me tell you the horror that has been my life for the last almost 2 months and the nightmare that has been since Monday & hopefully ends Tuesday.

I've been posting about how I have these bug bites.  Tons of them.  My legs, my arms, my back & my left butt cheek.  I've been living in Off & Neem spray.  I have stopped walking in the grass, I spray up nekkid, I have been wiping myself down with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol & Witch Hazel.  I have been a big pink blob from calamine lotion.  The way the bites look, they point to chiggers.  I'm thinking with the hot & humid weather we've been having, the bugs have been out of control.  The mosquitoes have always liked me more than others, so this is what I've been attributing it too.

I didn't want to think it could possibly be the worst thing ever.  It was suggested to me, more than once, that maybe it's bed bugs.  No, I moved a plant around, I saw baby spiders, it's spider bites.  I've cleaned, dusted, wiped things down, slept in bug spray, you name it, I was still getting them.  Itching, scratching, terrible.  Itching is a pleasurable experience.  I can't tell you how good it feels - eyes rolling back in your head it feels so good.  On the down side, they itch so badly that they scab up.  I haven't been able to shave my legs & my arms, well, I look like a doper.

I started pulling my sheets up, at all hours, checking the seams, crawling across my mattress with nothing on it.  I didn't see anything, it's not bed bugs......

This past Monday Jay grabbed a tissue & there was a bug on it.  So he looked it up & said it looked like a bed bug.  I disagreed, I had checked at least 20 times, at all hours.  I saw nothing.  So we ate dinner & I asked him to help me pull my bed away from the wall.  Let the nightmare begin.

There was a cluster.  Two of them at the head of my bed, between my mattress & box spring.  It gets worse. One on his side, two more on mine & one at the bottom of my bed.  I had a melt down.  A big melt down.  I am so thankful Jay was here to help me because physically I was not capable.  He helped me strip the bed & bag my sheets, bed skirt & comforter up.  He helped me vacuum & move stuff.  I called the maintenance number after I calmed down some.  I announced who I was & asked who I was speaking to.  Then I asked if there had been any complaints about bed bugs.  There was a real long pause & I got a "yeeesssssss".   I said well I have them too.  I was told there was an exterminator coming Thursday (yesterday) & I would be added to the list.

Jay & I went & dried my sheets, then washed them, then dried everything again.  Before we left, we hosed my bedroom down with 91% Isopropyl alcohol.  It was so strong.  We got home & put the clean sheets back on.  Took showers, again & went to bed.  It was the first time in a month I didn't wake up with new bites.

Wednesday morning I went to the office to the office to tell them what I discovered.  I offered to show them all my areas of bites, including my butt cheek.  I was told the exterminator was only coming Thursday to assess 4 & 4N.  There are 12 apartments in my building.  I happen to be 5N.  Right next to 4N.  4N being the Conspiracy Theorist & his skank bitch girlfriend.  I asked at the office if it was his apartment but she couldn't tell me, but then she did admit it started in his.  Fucker.  WE SHARE A FUCKING WALL!!!!

That afternoon the entire building got letters with instructions for Tuesday, 7/26.  They are going to bomb every apartment.  We have specific instructions as to what we have to do, before & after.  It's a nightmare.  Early Thursday morning, I was awake about 3am & my arm & side of my foot were itching, bad.  PANIC!!! I turned my light on & whipped my sheets off my bed & I saw it.  It was trying to get away.  I ran to get my spray bottle of alcohol, it kills them instantly.  I sprayed it & saw another on my bed skirt & sprayed that one.  Then all my sheets came off and I checked all around again.  I sat on my floor crying in the middle of the night, checking.  I only found one more.  Now you should know, I have been constantly spraying & checking.  I lifted & checked between my mattress & box spring 4 times that day.  The facts Jay read said they will travel up to 20 feet for a meal.  Awesome.  You should also know that before I went to bed that night I sprayed my couch, again.  There hasn't been any evidence there, precautionary.  I also sprayed my stairs & the shared wall between me & the scumbags.  The smell of alcohol was strong.  It was awful, it's been awful.

I went back to the office yesterday & explained that I'm completely skeeved

I finally calmed down yesterday & started checking for hotels nearby that allow pets.  I saw that a Days Inn 15 miles away took them but there is a Days Inn 4 miles down the road from me.  I called, just to see, because it didn't say.  They have  rooms they allow pets in.  In talking with the lady, she bred & raised boxers  (Hailey is a boxer) and we got to chatting.  She even worked it that I can check in early if the room wasn't occupied the night before since I don't know when the exterminator is coming.  HUGE relief. I have somewhere safe & cool where my animals can be.  This allows me to go do a whole crap load of laundry.  Because I have the room until Wednesday, that allows me to come & clean after the exterminators leave.

Before they come I have to move everything away from the walls, vacuum, put stuff away, put food away, bag up everything, wash it & dry it.  After they leave I have to vacuum everything again & wipe everything down.  I'm glad my animals will be somewhere that I can get the joint cleaned up before they come home.

This is an awful nightmare.  I know it's not that I am dirty, but it certainly makes me feel that way.  I slept part of the night on my couch last night.  At about 3:30am, I went to my bed, but I lifted, checked & sprayed & I slept on top of my covers.  I have the creepy crawlies.  I just checked a little while ago & found one between the mattress & box spring.  It's hard, I have a king size bed & it's heavy to lift by myself.  I do know the #3 apartments have "house guests" too.  I'm not sure about #1s of #2s.  I know the #6s don't.  I didn't have many, but enough to make me feel devastated.  I despise the Conspiracy Theorist & his skank bitch girlfriend.  They hang out in infested projects in the next town over & since they are scumbags, what would make them think having bites was anything but normal?

I cleaned out my living room closet tonight.  I have stuff stacked on my kitchen table.  Tomorrow will be my bathroom closet & the beginning of my bedroom closet, which is huge.  That will be good.  I've been meaning to bag up clothes to donate.  Don't worry.  If you use BLACK garbage bags & allow them to sit in the sun for a few hours, it kills the bugs.  I have to bag up dog & cat toys, their beds, pretty much everything.  I don't know if the bombing will work.  I don't know if there is follow up treatment.  I don't really know much of anything


Welcome to my nightmare.

1 comment:

  1. Holy moly. That IS a nightmare! No wonder you are exhausted! I am thankful to hear the root of your bites has been discovered and it's not some rare disease or unknown critter! Hopefully some of your friends will help you pack up and clean up afterwards.

    ReplyDelete