Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fruity Nutcake - The Psychotic Edition

Ok, so remember on April 29, 2011 when I wrote my Fruity Nutcake blog?  Two days ago, since today is only May 1, 2011??  Well, the one of two things happened.  There was confrontation.  Bad.  Screaming.  My Screaming.  I had to call my neighbor to come over.  Bad. 

I got home from being at Jay's & having dinner & there was this woman leaving out the shared door.  My Sherlock Holmes deduction told me that since I didn't know her, she was leaving from Fruity Nutcake's apartment.  She walked by me, humming and as I put my key in my door this is the conversation that took place:

Lady: Are you the young lady that lives upstairs?
Me: Yes.
Lady: Can I talk to you?
Me: Today isn't a good day.
Lady: Can I talk to you?
Me: Today isn't a good day.
Lady: Can I talk to you?
Me: (walking down off my stoop, hand up) Today isn't a good day.
Lady: Well, I will pray for you.
Me: Pray for me? Seriously? Pray for me?  I don't need to be prayed for.
Lady: Do you think you can keep the noise down in your apartment?
Me: What? Seriously, do you think I make noise 24/7??? 
Lady: Can I talk with you about Fruity Nutcake?  She's not well, she's sick.
Me: Really? I never would have guessed that and how is that my problem?
Lady: She isn't well.  She has a sweet boy, he's autistic.  Do you know what autism is?
Me: Yes, I'm fully aware of what autism is.
Lady: Well, it's just so hard & the noise....
Me: Again, how is that my problem?  We live in garden apartments & she lives on the first floor.  (Me now screaming) I worry about getting up to go pee in the middle of the night because she claims I'm up all the time making noise. 
Lady: Garden apartment, what does that mean, is your apartment a little more special?
Me: No, it means we share a common lawn space.  She's in a garden apartment in a dog building.  There is going to be noise. (I'm shaking & screaming).  There were wood floors when I moved in, not my problem.
Lady: Do you think you could get a rug? (Fruity Nutcake opens the door).
Me: Have one.  If you think I am going to walk on egg shells in MY apartment you are insane.  The fact that she banged on the ceiling the other night because I got up to pee is absurd.  I hesitate to get up to pee in the middle of the night for fear she is going to bang.  I refuse to live like a prisoner in my apartment.  It's not going to happen.
Lady: That was my idea to bang.
Me: Yeah, great idea.

So I walk to my stoop & the following happens with Fruity Nutcake, oh and don't forget I'm screaming & crying:

Fruity Nutcake: Can my friend come in while you walk up in your apartment?
Me: No, I get there is noise, the management office isn't going to rip up floors to fix it, fucking deal with it.
Fruity Nutcake: I'm a light sleeper, I sleep right there (points to couch).
Me: I don't give a fuck, not my problem.  Buy a box fan or white noise machine.  This is the deal, get over yourself.
Fruity Nutcake: I'm moving to a new place.
Me: I can't wait.
Fruity Nutcake: I like you, I don't want to fight.
Me: Bull fucking shit.  You are in the office almost every day crying over the noise.  Grow up. ( I call my neighbor to come over, because I am double teamed).
Fruity Nutcake: I was only there once (LIE).
Me: I will not be living like a prisoner in my apartment.  It's not going to happen.  Suck it up & deal with it.  I fucking sit on my couch & crochet.  Is my crocheting bothering you?  Do I fucking crochet too loud??  Really?? Shut your door, just shut your door.

I'm surprised the police didn't show up.  With my use of the F word & my hysterical screaming & crying.  I have a feeling they may show up in the middle of the night.  My neighbor Jen suggested the police be called with excessive noise.  So I'm sure when I get up to pee, she will be calling.  Of course Jen did ask how she knows about the noise if she sleeps in her car hahaha!

I did call the office & leave a message briefly explaining what happened & that I will be over first thing tomorrow to have it dealt with.  This is absolutely absurd.  I just can't believe some people.

When I walked Hailey at a little after 10, some of the lovely tenants at her new building were sitting out side screaming & cussing & having a grand time.  I can't wait until she gets over there. 

UGH!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I suppose this situation has been resolved. I'm sorry I didn't see these posts sooner, maybe I could've reassured you. There was no need for you to be worried or to modify your life. The cops and your apartment manager can't/won't do anything about complaints of people walking overhead. I'm sure your manager has dealt with more complaints than she knows what to do with, from people living in bottom apartments. I've lived in bottom units forever and the sound of walking doesn't bother me at all. (The people currently above us were doing more than just walking, obvi.) You get used to it, really. I can see if maybe noise was disturbing her autistic son, but she should have really known better than to be in a bottom apartment in that case. Hopefully, she's out by now.

    ReplyDelete